Last updated: 17th September 2017
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the hubuco.com website and all content, services and products available at or through the website, including, but not limited to, verifying email addresses or VAT numbers using HuBuCo's website or API or receiving advice from any colleagues working at HuBuCo (hereafter referred to as the “HuBuCo” or the “Services” or the “Service” or the “Agreement”). The Service is operated by HUBUCO Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, Queens Way House, 275-285 High Street, London, E15 2TF, United Kingdom
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use HuBuCo.
- You must provide true and complete contact information in your account and billing details.
- You must agree to our terms, conditions and rules and abide by them.
- You must not use our services for verifying purchased/rented lists or for sending unsolicited emails.
- You must not use our services for verifying made up / scraped email addresses or VAT numbers.
- By signing up, you warrant that you meet the above eligibility requirements.
- You must not use other email or VAT verification services.
- HuBuCo reserves the right to close or shut down accounts of any users for any reason disclosed or undisclosed and to change these eligibility requirements at any time.
Security, Accounts and Passwords
If you create an online account on hubuco.com, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and the API key assigned to you. It is up to you as the account owner to keep your password and account name confidential. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and API key and any other actions taken in connection with your account or the use of the API by that account or API key. You will contact HuBuCo immediately if you suspect a breach of security regarding your account.
Buy credit packs: You may purchase any available credit pack any time. Your credits never expire. You can follow your credit changes in your credit log. HuBuCo reserves the right to change or remove any credit packs at any time.
Payment: Online payments made on HuBuCo's website are processed by PayPal or Stripe. PayPal and Stripe do not allow HuBuCo to access your card details. Alternatively, you may pay with bank transfer to our British bank account. Payments for any credit packs must be made upfront and they are not refundable with the exception of our money back guarantee (See below)
99%+ Email Delivery Rate, Guaranteed!
If you follow our advice outlined in “6 Steps to 99%+ Email Delivery Rate” and use HuBuCo’s online email verification service to verify email addresses, you can achieve 99%+ email delivery rate. If you have followed all steps and advice in “6 Steps to 99%+ Email Delivery rate” and still had higher than 1% bounce rate, one of HuBuCo’s support colleagues will investigate your bounce rate, and if any improvement areas found, will advise how to further improve your email delivery rate. HuBuCo provides this investigation for free as your guarantee.
During investigation HuBuCo’s colleagues might ask you to export and forward bounce reports, send test emails or the exact copy of last used email campaign to any test email addresses, or might need to login in to your email sending application. You are expected to fully cooperate during this investigation.
Should HuBuCo’s colleague find any hard bounces during the investigation, this will be further investigated by developers and the information will be used to further improve HuBuCo’s email verification application.
You explicitly agree that you use HuBuCo’s services and follow HuBuCo’s colleagues’ advice at your own risk. Under no circumstances is HuBuCo, nor its owners, employees, contractors liable or responsible for your email delivery rate. You are eligible for refund under HuBuCo’s Money Back Guarantee only.
Money Back Guarantee: If you send an email campaign to the email addresses you had verified by HuBuCo within 7 days of verification and your hard bounce rate is higher than 4% we refund your last payment.
Money Back Guarantee applies for email address verifications under the following conditions only:
- Emails must be verified using HuBuCo's website, uploading your file on the following page: https://www.hubuco.com/email_verify
- Money Back Guarantee doesn't apply for verifications completed using HuBuCo's API or One By One, because HuBuCo doesn't keep a record of these verifications.
- Hard bounce rate higher than 4%: Hard bounces occur when a recipient's email address does not exist.
- Does not apply for soft bounces. Soft bounces are down to your personal sending history, settings, server, IP reputation and email content.
- Only applies for emails sent to email addresses returned as 'OK' by HuBuCo's verification system.
- You must send an email to each verified 'OK' email address within 7 days of verification.
- The % of hard bounces will be calculated:
* hard bounces / OK emails * 100
* OK emails: all emails returned as OK by HuBuCo since last payment
* hard bounces: emails that had hard bounces that were marked as OK by HuBuCo since last payment
- You must use a professional 3rd party email sender for sending your emails.
- Only email providers that provide detailed reports of your soft and hard bounces are accepted. If a detailed breakdown of your bounced emails is not available our Money Back Guarantee does not apply.
- You must allow us to log in to your email sender account to review your results, export reports and analyse bounces.
- General Refunds apply.
Any requests for refunds must be in writing by contacting HuBuCo here:
Your email must be sent from the email address you have registered with on HuBuCo's website.
All requests for refunds must be within 30 days of the purchase date or they are considered irrefutable.
Should HuBuCo change, suspend or remove its website or services, or in case your account is terminated you are not eligible for a refund for unused credits.
You are only allowed to have one HuBuCo account. If your account is suspended or disabled, creating another account will automatically result in cancellation whether or not you have made a payment on the accounts. If your account is suspended you will not be eligible for refund for any payments made in the past regardless of the number of credits left on your account.
HuBuCo's real time single API is designed to verify single email addresses and is not to be used to process bulk emails. To process large amount of emails our users can upload their emails in a TXT, CSV, XLS or XLSX file.
HuBuCo will verify the email addresses as you provide them. HuBuCo will not make any alterations or modifications to your data.
If HuBuCo is under the impression that you have created multiple accounts they reserve the right to suspend any or all of them.
HuBuCo's email verification service may be used for opt-in subscribers only.
HuBuCo’s VAT number verification service may be used for verifying VAT numbers provided by your customers only.
You agree to submit any disputes regarding charges or HuBuCo credits in writing within 30 days of the charge or purchase.
You agree that any disputes rendered outside that time period are void and any charges are considered irrefutable.
You accept that refunds are only possible if you comply with and are deemed eligible under the terms stated in the Money Back Guarantee.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Service is provided “as is” and “as available”. Neither HuBuCo nor its owners, employees, contractors, suppliers and licencors, make any warranty that this Service will meet your requirements, be error free, accurate, reliable, compatible, timely or fast enough or that access thereto will be continuous and uninterrupted. You understand that you utilise the API, or otherwise obtain content or services through, this website and API at your own discretion and risk.
HuBuCo does not warrant that the information on the website, or the information or advice provided by HuBuCo’s colleagues is complete, accurate, non-misleading or TRUE.
HuBuCo has the right to, at HuBuCo's sole discretion, change, remove, terminate or recall its Money Back Guarantee with immediate effect.
Limitation of Liability
You agree to accept full responsibility of any loss resulting from the use of HuBuCo’s website, services, tools, downloads, advices or any other use of the Services. . You agree to use the Services and follow advices at your own risk. In no event will HuBuCo; nor its owners, employees, contractors, suppliers and licencors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed US$100.00.
HuBuCo has the right to, at HuBuCo's sole discretion (i) refuse to verify any emails that, in HuBuCo's opinion, violates any HuBuCo policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Service and API to any individual or entity for any reason, in HuBuCo's sole discretion. Any account which shows no activity for more than 12 months may be considered inactive. If an account is considered inactive, the account may be shut down or deleted and all data associated with that account may be permanently erased.
HuBuCo reserves the right to change, suspend or remove (temporarily or permanently) its website or services without notice, and you confirm that HuBuCo, nor its owners shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal.